This week is a special episode. This one is compiled by a pop-folk band from Ghent: Hugo's Cousin. It is an hour full of songs that influenced their music, or music they just really like.
- 01. Roo Panes - Land of the Living
- 02. Hugo's Cousin - Loneliness
- 03. Chad VanGaalen - Willow Tree
- 04. Lisa Hannigan - Passenger
- 05. Regina Spektor - Fidelity
- 06. Dark Dark Dark - Daydreaming
- 07. Laura Veirs - Ten Bridges
- 08. Hugo's Cousin - Some Compassion
- 09. Damien Jurado - Maraqopq
- 10. Douglas Firs, Bony King - Your Only Friend
- 11. Agnes Obel - Dorian
- 12. Villagers - Courage
Hugo’s Cousin is a pop-folk band from Ghent characterized by an acoustic sound, harmony vocals & catchy melodies. They play songs about melancholia and desire or comment on society. The music is created by singer-songwriter Dorien Staljanssens, who accompanies herself on piano or guitar. At her side flaunts Muriel Boulanger on double bass, while Anne Van Steenwinkel gracefully strikes the violin. They act as a string orchestra or a rhythm section and lift the music with engaging backing vocals. Hugo’s Cousin won several contests or reached the finals, and performed on many stages (Het Depot, UrGent.FM/Democrazy, Finals Jonge Wolven, vi.be-selection Boombalfestival, winner singersongwriter contest The Paulusfeesten, Laurentplein at the Ghent Festival and many more). They will release a new single in april.